Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Important Blog Update: It's all "About" Me, and My Sister's Wedding

For the next two weeks there will be a significant decrease in the frequency of posting videos and other content. I will be leaving for New York next Wednesday for my sister Valerie's wedding, and will be gone a week. In other news, I have applied for a Guide position on About.com to manage one of their new food categories. In order to qualify I must go through a 2 week training period. Once that is over, my work is judged against the other applicants and a guide is chosen. The course is quite involved, and between currently working on that, and leaving for New York, it will be very hard to post much at all.

So, don't be alarmed if you see days go by without any updates. This blog is in no danger. It's healthy, the traffic is continuing to grow, and as soon as I get back, and finish my assignment for About.com, I will resume my regular schedule of prolific production.

I know, I've gladly spoiled you over the last 9 months with almost daily updates, and hundreds of free video recipes. So, I really blame myself for all the emails and comments I'm about to get about me being a lazy, selfish bastard who would rather attend his sister's wedding than stay in San Francisco and film recipes. I completely understand, and it was very tough to choose between my only sibling, and total strangers that I only know through anonymous online comments. I hope you understand my decision, and thank you in advance for your patience. ; -)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the time off...you deserve it, congrats to your sister.

Jairus said...

if you're running up against the other chefs who post vids on about.com, i can tell u right now...they have nothing on chef john! hands down u have the best vids on about.com for food.
ps. i've grown with ur site so long that i tell people you are my dad.

Anonymous said...

The job sounds like a great opportunity - good luck.

And of course, have a blast at you sis' wedding. You more than deserve a break from the super-steady blogging.

I'll keep checking back to hear how it all went.

Anonymous said...

You selfish bastard! *cry*

Naw, just kidding. Congrats on the wedding and very best wishes on the guide position. You would be great at such a thing!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Uh, just one question : Am I suppose to just starve for the next two weeks? Yeesh...

(good luck, have fun :)

Scott - Boston

Anonymous said...

What you need in these situations is a "guest chef" to stand in for you while you're away...kinda like a guest host on Leno...

Anonymous said...

You are my favorite chef. You would make a great food guide for About.com. There's no competition, you are the best. Congratulations on your sister's wedding! I hope you enjoy your time off. You will keep me longing for those delicious recipes until your return.

Unknown said...

Nice! I just bought a new computer - one I could set on my kitchen counter and watch Chef John prepare something delicious to eat, AND easily follow his directions, and NOW he's running off to NY for a week - and won't have time to film anything for awhile. GEEEZ!

Anyway, have a good trip. Return safe and sound (and soon), full of yummy ideas from your Uncle Bill of some favorite family recipes you will bring back to share with all of us.

Congratulations to your sis Valerie and her husband. May they have a long and happy life together, "cooking" a healthy and satisfying partnership.

msbooch75 said...

Enjoy your trip to sister's wedding. You have done us all a favor by posting your videos and recipes. It would be so great for you to get the position with About.com Good luck on that score.
Claire

Anonymous said...

Hey Chef, congrats to your sis and good luck with About.com! Wish you all the success!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!
Is it more money? U need it to buy bulk oven cleaner and chicken stock!!

XD

Chef John said...

Thanks. More money than none? yes, it is. Oven cleaner and chicken stock?

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! don't forget to throw rice so you can get a niece/nephew. :) Hope that they have a good honey moon, and to enjoy their life together.

westofya said...

lazy, selfish bastard who would rather attend his sister's wedding than stay in San Francisco and film recipes

Anonymous said...

Hey, Chef John, did you knoq you got BIG mention on Andrew Zimmer's site today? Check it out here:
andrewskitchentable.com

Chef John said...

yes I did. thanks. they let me know first. Us bald guys gotta stick together!

Chef John said...

Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks!! Even to my adopted online children!