Sunday, March 8, 2015

Celebrating National Meatball Day

Tomorrow is National Meatball Day, and to commemorate I wanted to post something really delicious, and incredibly ironic. These meatless meatballs are both.

That's right, we're going to celebrate National Meatball Day with a meat-free version that will have your guests wondering if they heard you correctly. Thanks to the magic of mushrooms, these really are amazing, and garner rave reviews from our vegetarian friends...okay, friend, but still. You can follow this link to read the original post and get the ingredient amounts. Enjoy!




10 comments:

Al's food/whatever blog said...

Hey chef john,

I was a student in of your classes at the california culinary academy. I think it was kitchen math when you did the squash bird demo.

Al's food/whatever blog said...

Hey there chef,

I was a student in your class at the California culinary academy. I think you taught kitchen math.

Unknown said...

These should be called mushballs. Vegetarians ruin everything.

Angela said...

These look delicious and great for Lent. Thanks Chef John

Chef John said...

Hello AL! Glad to hear from you!

Unknown said...

When I first read the description I thought you said thanks to magic mushrooms. I'm sure this will still be delicious, but it probably won't be as awesome as I had initially thought.

Unknown said...

I have to avoid Parmesan because of a restricted diet. What would be a good non-aged-cheese substitute in this recipe?

Unknown said...

put in some dried porcini (maybe blended with a blender or a spice/coffee grinder) for a smokey and more meat like taste :)

Unknown said...

Hi Chef John!
I absolutely love this recipe (among so many more!) I was blown away by how incredibly similar the texture and taste was to actual meatballs. I was wondering if you by chance have a recipe for a meatless chicken?

Unknown said...

Hi Chef John!
I absolutely love this recipe (among so many more!) I was blown away by how incredibly similar the texture and taste was to actual meatballs. I was wondering if you by chance have a recipe for a meatless chicken?