Saturday, February 10, 2007

Boneless Pork Loin Chops with Shallots and Apple Cider Reduction

Here’s a delicious, and easy, pork chop dish that only takes about 20 minutes start to finish. By the way, a "chop" usually refers to something that has a bone still attached. The problem with center cut pork chop with the bone is that by the time you cook the meat next to the bone to a safe tempreture, the meat away from the bone is dry. So, I prefer the boneless "chop" for this dish. You have to be careful though, without the bone, this cut is very easy to overcook. So becareful! Medium pork is OK to eat (I'm talking to all you people over 50!).

Pay attention to the money saving tip regarding buying a pork loin roast and cutting your own chops. Butchers are not going to like me telling you this, but that’s OK, what’s the big deal with upsetting large men with sharp knives?

Ingredients:
4 Double-Cut Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops
(About 1 1/2 Inch Thick – Cut Your Own!)
8 Shallots Sliced Thin
2 Cups Apple Cider
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt And Pepper
Veg Oil
1 Tbl. Unsalted Butter
A Few Springs Fresh Thyme or Rosemary


View the complete recipe

5 comments:

Tyler Hinkle said...

In this tutorial you mention that you have the "Easy Cheesy Potato Gratin" recipe up somewhere, but I can't find it either on the foodwishes.com site, nor listed in your YouTube video list.

Am I blind, or just missing it? Or did it get lost somewhere?

Chef John said...

Sorry, I have to redo that one. I lost the sound track when I was convertinbg clips to the new site. Stay tuned.

jay said...

hi chef. been keepin up with your site for awhile now. tried this last week and the family loved it. thanks

Unknown said...

You are my new favorite person!! I love, love your videos. Your wit and sense of humor with food is so refreshing. I usually can't stand cooking shows with the self proclaimed Gods of food. Thank you for your site, it is now going to be bookmarked!

Gretchen in NOLA said...

I LOVE your videos! Wish I could stop watching them long enough to actually cook though ;j
Can you tell me what kind of apple cider vinegar to use? The brand I have has very little-to-no apple flavor.